Re: Questions--Elec., Hot Water, Fridge

[ Follow Ups ] [ Streamline Message Board ]

Posted by Tom Patterson on June 21, 2001 at 17:42:46:

In Reply to: Questions--Elec., Hot Water, Fridge posted by Cres Gilbert on June 21, 2001 at 10:45:13:

Hi Cres,
I have a hard time with prices as they can vary so much depending on condition. A whole lot depends just on how bad you want it, assuming lack of dents, and a good floor. You probably need to take into account how much more you need to put into the trailer, versus what another similar one would end up costing you. Other than that:

Q1) I would have thought that this year trailer would have both 12V and 110V lights. I doubt that there is any converter. If this is so, then you have lights as it is. For more light, you can simply add 12V flourescents.
Q2) Camping World currently have 6 gal. Atwood LP water heaters for $249 plus $1 shipping. I doubt that the current tank is the original, because of being electric. The original probably was a 10 gal Bowen LP tank. The 6 gal Atwood should fit nicely into the existing space, and puts out a lot of hot water.
Q3) I don't know where you are located, but you might be able to get a LP refrigerator (possibly Dometic brand)at a bone yard. Again, if you don't have a LP refrigerater in the trailer, the existing one is probably not original.

Others might have additional suggestions.

Follow Ups:

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.