The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] transfer of website to new server

I am preparing now to initiate the transfer of my current site to a new
server.

Hopefully, this will go fairly smoothly.  I actually do think that the site
itself will transfer without problem - within the next several days.  This
will probably vary for different users, depending on how the change propagates
through the internet.

You will be able to tell from the Home Page if you are going to the site.  The
picture will be of my Streamline Travel Home.  Also, there will be several new
message boards on the site, along with a number of new search links.

Most of the changes are internal, with a lot of housekeeping having been
performed, but the big problems might lie with getting the mailing lists
working again.  I do have majordomo installed and working on the new server,
but have not been able to test it for tompatterson.com as long as I didn't
have a domain name to work with.

Hopefully this part of the transfer will work as well.

-Tom