The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] SS Floor Plan Question

I think that's a good question. My 79 SLL trailer is a rear bedroom with
twins. There is the front parlor with the couch-bed. So the sleeping has to
be four. My 76 CS motor coach is a rear bath mid rear twins. The front
parlor has a couch bed behind driver, and a dinette booth behind passenger
front. So I suppose that sleeps six. I think bunk beds in either coach are
out of the question due to the overhead cabinets.

My 77 GMC Eleganza 2 is just 26', but can sleep 8 if little kids on the
bunks, or really cozy couples. They do the bunks by having the back of the
parlor couch lift, swing up and out, then hang by straps that are like heavy
seat belts that hang from flush recessed clips in the ceiling. There are of
course the large single twins or drop convert to queen in the rear bedroom,
and then the dinette booth make into a double.

If you needed a 6 sleeper in a Silver Streak, I don't know why the nose
couch bed couldn't be removed and a booth double put on parlor either side
and a couch bed on the other side. On my 79 Supreme Lux Liner, there is
plenty of parlor room for that layout.

But generally I guess you are right. They all sleep 4.