The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Re: MATTRESS FOR SILVER STREAK CONTINENTAL

.
Gary and Tina,
A reliable and competent mattress manufacturer can make
replacement inner spring or foam mattress of any size and to
your specifications.

Do your research on the reputability of the manufacturer.

You may wish to consider a very easy and quick convertible sleeping
area from the twin bunks to spanning the distance b/t the 2 bunks
making a very large sleeping area the width of the trailer by 78".
The two 33"x78" mattresses are relocated to the center of the spanned
area formerly the walk space b/t the bunks.  Have 2 addn mattresses
made, each appx 13"x78", to fill the distance b/t the 33" mattresses
and the wall.

The 13" mattresses can be foam even tho the 33" mattresses are inner
spring---the normal sleeping area will be concentrated more over the
33" mattresses as opposed to over the 13" mattresses immediately
adjacent to the wall.  Therefore the differing mattress construction
materials are negligible and barely noticeable.

As I said, very easily convertible from bunks to a large bed or to back

bunks.
I currently utilize this system and in a previous travel trailer also.

In 2001, I received a price for new inner spring mattresses from a
reputable matress manufacturer of $110.
The two 13" foam 'side' pieces cost $90. inc tax.

Cost can vary widely for personal preference in ticking, cording, and
button choice, etc.
I opted for a good grade of 'innerds' and a sturdy grade of utility
ticking (no satin matress covering)...

Email for addn info...

Thanks,
lea pugh