The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Hinge reinforcement and panneling

OK I am moving fast today. 2 projects

1. HINGES I have already returned from Lowes and installed my Nylon spacers. What a
great Idea unfortunately this repair will not help those with already broken loops
but for those with worn loops like me who were using metal washers to space the gaps
this is a much friendlier way to fill the gap and no doubt take strain off the hinge
loops. I used 4 1/2 X .257 X 1/4 Nylon Spacers that I found in the parts drawer in
the hardware isle at Lowes. I had to shape them on a sanding wheel but once shaved
they pushed right in.

2. PANELING Dan wrote and suggested veneers instead of my radical suggestion of
removing existing panneling sheets and rebuilding every drawer face. Here is a link
to veneer products. Looks like peel and stick but of course with these type products
you want to reinforce seams with additional adhesives. Are the products in this link
what your talking about?

http://www.formwood.com/hardwood-veneer/

WOW Eddie look at me I am begining to discuss projects in more detail!