The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Water Pump

You have my full attention regarding hub caps...  I have original 14  1/2
inch rims and new 14 1/2 tires on my 1958 SS Clipper and finally found a set  of
four hub caps from an old bono aero (sp).  The problem now is that i  need to
mount them with inside the cap clips.  I did find several very old  trailer
rims with clips that i've been able to grind the rivets off to salvage  the
clips BUT would be very interested in khowing how i might attach these  caps using
magnets.  Can you please provide me with details?  Also i  would be thankful
if anyone has a source for 18 additional hub cap clips.   Thank you, jim

In a message dated 5/6/2008 3:57:08 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,