From: sslist-admin@tompatterson.com
[mailto:sslist-admin@tompatterson.com] On Behalf Of Bussiere, Curtis L
SFC RET
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 12:31 PM
To: sslist
Subject: [SilverStreak] Update on fridge removal

OK I finally got the Norcold fridge out of the 1992 Skyline Layton and
am preparing to install it our 1974 SS Deluxe Supreme. I have
hesitated for years to upgrade out beauty as everything has continued
to work just fine. Our old Dometic just kept getting warmer and warmer
and barely keeps the fridge at 45deg and of course 37 to 42 is
recommended.
I want to thank all of you for your help in guiding me through my
dilemma in getting the fridge out of the Skyline. The fridge was 23
and the doorway was 21 Taking the refrigerator doors off would not
have worked because they are recessed. Eddie recommended greasing the
fridge, myself and the doorway then squeezing out. Marie loaned me
some lard and I commenced to greasing up. Her and the kids pushed and
pulled and all I got was some scratches on my back from the crummy
doorways built by Skyline.
After cleaning up I asked the family if they had any ideas. My
youngest Son Brandon (20) who has elected not to go to college noticed
that there is a rather large tree branch hanging over the camper. He
made a great suggestion. Lets cut a hole in the roof and winch it out.
I returned my reciprocating saw to Tool World and got me a SAWZAL!!! I
hung from the branch and cut a hole in the roof directly over the
fridge.We then hooked up the winch and because the tree branch is only
40 inches above the camper roof and the fridge is 53 tall We had to
jack the camper up and remove the axels then scrape an additional 4
inches off the top soil. Now when the camper was lowered the fridge
cleared the roof and we easily lowered it to the ground.
Thanks again to all who helped. I will report on the installation when
complete. Good day   Curt