From: sslist-admin@tompatterson.com [mailto:sslist-admin@tompatterson.com]
On Behalf Of Bussiere, Curtis L SFC RET
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 2:31 PM
To: sslist
Subject: [SilverStreak] Update on fridge removal

OK I finally got the Norcold fridge out of the 1992 Skyline Layton and am
preparing to install it our 1974 SS Deluxe Supreme. I have hesitated for
years to upgrade out beauty as everything has continued to work just fine.
Our old Dometic just kept getting warmer and warmer and barely keeps the
fridge at 45deg and of course 37 to 42 is recommended.
I want to thank all of you for your help in guiding me through my dilemma in
getting the fridge out of the Skyline. The fridge was 23 and the doorway
was 21 Taking the refrigerator doors off would not have worked because they
are recessed. Eddie recommended greasing the fridge, myself and the doorway
then squeezing out. Marie loaned me some lard and I commenced to greasing
up. Her and the kids pushed and pulled and all I got was some scratches on
my back from the crummy doorways built by Skyline.
After cleaning up I asked the family if they had any ideas. My youngest Son
Brandon (20) who has elected not to go to college noticed that there is a
rather large tree branch hanging over the camper. He made a great
suggestion. Lets cut a hole in the roof and winch it out. I returned my
reciprocating saw to Tool World and got me a SAWZAL!!! I hung from the
branch and cut a hole in the roof directly over the fridge.We then hooked up
the winch and because the tree branch is only 40 inches above the camper
roof and the fridge is 53 tall We had to jack the camper up and remove the
axels then scrape an additional 4 inches off the top soil. Now when the
camper was lowered the fridge cleared the roof and we easily lowered it to
the ground.
Thanks again to all who helped. I will report on the installation when
complete. Good day   Curt