The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] To wire a 6 pin round plugs

The Bargman and Pollak units are diagramed looking at the wiring end of each
unit. The molded lettering of the color code is visible.
Terminology can be confusing. The receptacle, which is mounted on the tow
vehicle, contains plugs and the plug, which is on the cable from the trailer,
contains receptacles.
Al

-- Keneth Wilson <ke5dfr@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

The diagram in my 70 SS for the Bargman plug was different from the current
usage.  When we got the trialer, I had to rewire the trailer side plug to match
my tow vehicle.  Somewhere along the way, the pins were used differently.
With any older RV, it is best to check the wiring pins to see if
they will match your tow vehicle.
When you describe the pins below, are you looking into the male plug or the
female recepticule?  Need to note where you are looking.
 Ken Wilson
KE5DFR@sbcglobal.net
Cypress, Texas