The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Re: Silver Streak Digest V1 #588

Dave and Sherylyn,

This is what I actually bought. I lucked into a sale at PPL and paid $876.
They call it an 8 cu ft. label inside the unit. It is the N841 and about
$100 more than the N641. Both come in 2 and 3 way and both can have an ice
maker. USA made by Thetford in Ohio, not Sweden like the Dometic.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-refrigerators/rv-refrigerator-norcold-n841.htm
$1049

http://kearbey.homestead.com/ref.html N841, $1060 free shipping, no tax

http://kearbey.homestead.com/ref.html N841, $1314 free shipping, no tax

http://bigdiscountrv.com/refrigerators_norcold.htm N841, $1035 free
shipping, no tax

I don't actually know if Dometic is still made in Sweden, but they used to
be and all the ones I have say it on the door. I don't like that there is a
http://www.dometicusa.com/recall.php recall site on Dometic.com wherein you
have a drop down menu to select your recalled model. There was a period of
unit controller failures.

Norcold also has had recalls and on the 641 and 841. These were units built
in 1999. The failures seem all to be non controller related, but a faulty
120 volt heating element that can cause fires. There is a reward for owners
turning in this defective unit for a new one. The reward is $50.

-Eddie-
Houston, TX