From: sslist-admin@tompatterson.com [mailto:sslist-admin@tompatterson.com]
On Behalf Of scott holden
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 11:02 PM
To: sslist@tompatterson.com
Subject: [SilverStreak] introduce myself

Hello,
     Its been bout a month since I've joined your list, and the experience
has been wonderful.  My wife and I are both 30, have a 2yr old son, and live
in Sacramento.  We have taken possession of my late grandfathers 69' SS
Atlas Cont 26' from the RV storage, and have fallen in love with it after
the first trip we took.
    The information from both Tom's site and this list have been invaluable;
I want to thank everyone who participates.  Though I have little to offer to
the list in the way of experience with SilverStreaks, I want to be of some
help.
    After hearing about Ralph go through the process of trying to get some
new stainless hinges fabricated, I knew I might be able to help.  I work as
a programmer for a sheetmetal shop and do all of the product design.  So I
went out with my calipers and reverse engineered my hinges and made some
mechanical drawings.  Turns out Ralph's hinges are different from mine, but
anyhow, the drawings are finished and are now the property of the SSlist.
These drawings are exactly what shops want to see when quoting jobs.
     If anybody wants copies, just email me and they're yours.  They are
.pdf format, so easily printable and email-able.  In the mean time, I'll be
designing weld fixtures for the hinge assemblies and will be trying to
convince my boss we should get into the "hinge-business".

--
Scott Holden
Product Design, R&D