The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak]Hinge Project Update

Eddie,

No, all of the ones I know avoid "Dead Heading" like the plague.
You might give SAIA Trucking a call, I've found they usually have some
of the lowest rates.  Just tell them you ship out items 4 or 5 times a
month, so they can quote you a good rate.

The big problem is it is 1,500+ miles and two full days to Houston.
The fuel cost alone will be $1,600 + $200 in expenses + Truck
Depreciation + two days salary for the driver + profit for the owner.
I don't see it being done for less than $3,000 and probably quite a
bit more.

Ralph