The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] flooring laminates vrs sheet goods

Or, as we did, aligned the tiles with the subfloor gaps.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Patterson <pattersontj@sbcglobal.net>
To: sslist@tompatterson.com
Sent: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 8:56 am
Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] flooring laminates vrs sheet goods

Curt is right in that the movement of the trailer can cause problems with
flooring such as tongue and groove, etc.

These items can however still be used.  The secret is to have a "floating"
floor, rather than a fixed one.  The boards are securely fixed to each
other, but not individually fastened to the underflooring.  That way, the
entire floor moves as one piece.

I learned this from a flooring company when I went in to have a hardwood
floor installed in my Streamline.

-TomB