The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Door Seal and New Stainless Steel Hinges/REPLY

Ralph,
Ok. Yes, up dealing with mom...dilemma...then got to wondering about
changing my new-to me 6.5 KW Onan contact points to electronic and that led
to fascinating and interesting GMC site, list. I did not know that all my
twin cyl Onan's and Kohler's could be upgraded so wow, finally I get to get
away from the nightmare of contact ignition points. Sure does not take much
to get me excited. That's sad. Almost 3 AM. Think I'll have some coffee.

Got lucky and picked up the 6.5 Onan, 120/240 62hrs total for $500. Runs and
purrrs like a kitten, but had to clean the white stuff off the points,
twice. Grrr.
-Eddie-
Houston, TX