The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] back on list

Jim and Dot, we have been RVing since 1984 in one form or the other. Last
year we took possession of my in laws 79 SS Supreme Rocket.  They were very
active in the Houston SS club for many years and age got the best of them
and he hung up his keys.  We keep telling them that if they would like to go
to a rally, we would be happy to tow the trailer out the site for the
weekend and so they can catch up with friends.

I am a moderator on www.irv2.com and a charter member of a group called The
Texas Boomers as well as The Oklahoma Boomers.  We have by far the oldest
trailer in the group, but we love it and wonder why the manufacturers cannot
build a trailer as well laid out as these older ones.  We recently stopped
and looked at some new Air Streams and they are not worth anything near what
they are asking for them.  Not near the storage and seemed tinny.

Oh, the trailer we have belonged to the Kolbs.

Our next trip will be to OK and Memorial weekend we plan to take a short
trip up to Country Place in Cut-N-Shoot to meet some friends.  Sure hate to
spend the money on the diesel, but we don't want to sit home.

We need to try and make a SS rally one month.

Ken Wilson
Cypress, Texas