The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Logo's

I used the same process as Tom.  I used a Tamiya No. 0 paintbrush
from hobbylinc.com because it was made for those kinds of paints and
for delicate hobby work, and I can't praise it enough for the job it did.
The paintbrush you use makes a real difference.  I used Pollyscale
acrylics, though:  I doubt the brush would last long with enamels.   If I
didn't use the Tamiya, I would have bought a quality flat paintbrush of
the same size.

Use primer.  Automotive primer is good.  I used a self-etching primer
followed by an ordinary grey primer.

I put on 3-4 thin coats rather than trying to put it on thick.

Like Tom, I waited overnight between each and every coat.  So it takes
quite awhile.  It also takes patience.

I wanted a redder red to match the Sabre logo, so I chose DTI Cherry
Red.  Looks like the color Tom used would be (in Pollyscale) Seaboard
Air Line Chinese Red.  Like I've said before, I used Reefer White for
the background color.

I'm pleased with it, but of course others may look at it and say, "See, I
told you it's impossible to paint right!"  LOL

Here's a photo of the logo:
http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f385/chaya7/Silver%20Streak/

Cristi