The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Thomas Williams new hinge installation procedure

Eddie, the instructions went prety much as planned.
There were a few places on
the 8 rivet part that had some body components apparentyl in the way and it
took a little work to get the riviet in and seated so that you could compress
it.
On the plug door, you have to open it to clear and get the last two
rivets in place.  On the main door I had to set the 3 outer rivets and then
carefully open the main door to clear and set the inner set of rivets.
Even
with enough duct to hold together the the U.S.S. Texas, when I broke the
upper hinge loose, the door shifted.  But I was able to get the door back in
alignment without a problem.
I posted the picts of the finished job on the
forum.
And anyone that wants a set of original 1979 used  hinges....no
apparent cracks....make ne an offer if you need them, otherwise thay are going
up on the shelf in the shop with all of the other Rv parts and pieces.

 Ken
Wilson
KE5DFR@sbcglobal.net
Cypress, Texas