The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] new hinge rivets

Bill,
I have not done anything yet on the rivets. We can easily find 3/16" pop
rivets. I am thinking I want to use stainless pop rivets but have not
researched yet. I am pretty sure Olympic shave rivets are in this size, and
I actually may have some. I have also seen a type of rivet that spreads out
like a spider or molly screw. We may have room for that and maybe is
unnecessary.

We also should use a double sided tape to put between the hinge and the
attachment surface. We need to look into that as it would be easier to apply
to the hinge and cut and trim away than any sort of mastic. We don't want to
be gluing the hinge on, but I would think we want something as a helper
between the two slick-sliding surfaces to help limit shear-movement.

I am sort of hoping Ralph Cooke and Ken Wilson will have solution thoughts
on this stuff.
-Eddie- Houston, TX