The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] secondary color for SS emblems

I used Pollyscale Railroad Acrylics, to be found at hobbylinc.com,
which work well with metal.  I primed first with a metal-etching primer,
then a grey primer.   Then I painted the whole thing with Reefer White.
It isn't actually white, but is a creamy off-white that seems to exactly
match the original color.  I used an airbrush for that.  It took three
coats.  Then I did the letters using DTI Cherry Red, also in three coats.
That is very close to the original red.  Finished it off with several layers
of a clear coat that is used for automobiles.  We really like the results.

Bev said she was thinking about taking photos of them and sharing
them with the list.

Cristi