The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] To wire trailer connectors

According to Valley Installation Instructions Model 5212 5216 7-Way Electrical Connector,
"Do not strip ends of wires. Set screws in connector will cut through insulation when
they are tightened."

I just recently acquired this instruction sheet. I have always stripped the end of the wire
before inserting the wire into the connector socket. A couple of times I crimped appropriate
bullet plugs onto the wire ends and inserted them into the connectors, then tightened the
setscrews. Both ways have been 100% reliable. So far. :-)
Al