The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Trailer tires

I was also not impressed by ST tires. After a few tries with other tires I'm
on YOKOHAMA RY-215's, a commercial service LT tire. Ordered them through Tire
Rack, Discount Tire mounted and I installed. They all balanced very well,
and on-road temperature checks (handheld IR thermometer) indicates consistent
temperatures. Rating is just over 2,000# each (per Silver Streak manual
guidelines). With Centramatic balancers I expect them to have to be replaced
due solely to age (fingers crossed).

As to cleaners, etc, Michelin now makes and recommends their own.