The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Newbie battery question

The NO-ALOX I have been using for 20-years is available at Home Depot and is
specified for aluminum-to-aluminum connections (and some others). B I use it
on cars, etc. B I apply it to the terminals AFTER brushing them with a tool
for same (fresh bright metal) but BEFORE the connection is made. B I wipe off
the excess. B I rarely have to re-do it, even after years of use. B I have not
used grease to cover the connections for years because I get tired of getting
it on my wrists or sleeves when working around batteries. B This has worked
well for me.

I also use MIL-SPEC terminations and cabling as big as I can fit. B I usually
have someone make it for me once I have decided to overhaul the system. B WEST
MARINE is a good source for ANCOR brand, much superior to auto parts stores.

I much appreciate Eddies comments, I wholly agree with the knowledge we are
obligated to give to others. B Mine, above, is just what I do.