The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] size of propane tanks

I also tow my SS with a WD sytems.  Iuse a Reese Dual Cam HP which is both sway contrl and
weight distributing.  The truck can well handle the relative light load on the hitch.  My
truck has an 11,500# GVWR and actual weight is about 8000#, so it can carry 3500# in the back.

The WD hitch is set to transfer some of the weight to the front axle which does improve the
ride and the steering.

I am an engineer and like to make sure we have everything SAFE.  With a well balanced trailer,
you can never say that it will never sway.  You never know when you will get hit by the sudden
gust of wind from a passing vehicle, over a river or such.  The sway control is cheap insurance
for that one time that you might need it.

Ken Wilson
KE5DFR @ sbcglobal.net
Cypress, Texas