The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] [Silver Streak] Need Advice about Greywater Tank Plumbing

I am not sure if all of the 1973's were delivered with a grey water
tank.  Based on what information I have been able to dig up, I think
it depended on if it was an early 1973 or a late 1973.

I know my 1972 26 Ft. SS was delivered without a grey water tank, but
fortunately, a grey water tank was added by a previous or the original
owner.  The owner prior to me was an Aircraft Mech. And he replaced
the rather crude cover under the grey water tank with a very well made
cover out of Al Diamond Plate, that is very functional.

In my case I believe the gray water tank was installed professionally,
because whoever installed the grey water tank moved the floor vent
from the bathroom to the aft end of the bedroom area and turned it 90
Deg. to make room for the grey water tank.  The system works just like
any of the newer trailers that came equipped with a grey water tank
from the factory.  Because of the rear placement of the tank, I try to
empty the grey water tank as soon as possible once I leave a camping
spot without sewer hookups.

Ralph