The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] SS Winter use

Adam

If you will be in an area that is subject to cold, make certain that your exterior
water line is wrapped with pipe insulating foam. If you are in extreme weather for
long periods of time, you may want to put heat tape on the waterhose and then put
the insulating wrap on. These are typically thermostatically controlled. Inside your
SS, make sure that your heat works properly since water lines are in the cabinet,
crack the cabinet doors on very cold days to make sure warm air gets in there. My
factory storm windows come in handy to prevent drafts but I do not use mySS in cold
weather.Also, keep a few windows slightly cracked or possibly a window and a roof
vent. Condensation builds quickly if you are fulltiming with showers, cooking etc.
Your windows will have a tendency to build up water on the inside and this will help.

James
33.5 SS Supreme Luxury Liner
Denver