The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Re: help with flipped axel

I flipped the axels over 360 deg to give my 74 SS a few inches of
lift. It looks splendid and I do not want to return to the sag
look. I have a problem with this method of lift. The step down
that gave me the lift is apparently set on an angle and now my
tires are canted inward at the top. Has anyone here gained lift
through any other method? I had heard that some had the axels put
beneath the springs. This was my original intent but when I go it
there I was unable to figure out how to return all the hardware. I
would appreciate a picture of the axel or a good explaniation from
anyone who has had this done. Thanks Curt