The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Dometic fridge

My Dometic refrigerator in my 1974 SS works fine. I do need to change the magnetic
seal and that prompted me to google dometic and get their phone number. I called
and spoke to someone at the parts counter and he almost laughed when I told him it
was for a 1974. I scolded him for being rude just as I scolded the mechanic at
Camping World for making jokes in there shop over our beautiful rig when I stopped
to have my hitch worked on. Seems with some, if your not driving the newest 100K
rig you are somehow not worthy of receiving courteous customer service.
OK sorry to use this forum to whine it is not in my normal character to do so. All
this being said I will now present the bottom line.

Does anyone know a reasonable fix for replacement of the Dometic magnetic door seals?