The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Anodized finish

the rubbing compound works to remove the deep stains like rust and rubber.
even steel wool works anything used should be removed with a solvent. I use
Aluma Wash. It is $25 a gallon but its concentrated so one gallon is good
for about 100 washes. Its that milky stuff that just wont come off. It does
vanish when silicone or petroleum oils are wiped on but you get a big dust
magnet and perhaps fire hazard. I am just lucky I have a 74 because the gold
is thicker and has not worn off. I have seen earlier models where the gold
has worn off and thats a tough one to fix.