The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] '81 Continental Deluxe Luxury Liner

If you have an inverter you can run a compressor type (home type)
fridge off the tow vehicle's generator ("alternator") as long as its
engine is running, so keep it cold when traveling.
Compressor fridges are not very sensitive to level, and are not damaged
by being run out of level the way "RV" absorption fridges are.
Don't be surprised at what you find when you take your old AquaMagic
off the floor. Mine was cracked all to pieces underneath. I put in a
new Valterra but I don't recommend it as the top is too thin and
cracks, and the flush valve ($23) started leaking within a few months.