The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] New owners of a 1962 SS

Well I paid the money last night and we now own a 24' 1962 SS in very
good condition. It has one pane missing on a louvered window and there
is a minor crease on the front of the trailer. It's been garaged
pretty much since 1990. The folks we bought it from lived in it for 9
months while they built their house. They built the garage next and
that's where it's been. We don't know how well things will work, but
they were working when it was parked. I've got every piece of paper
associated with it. The manual is copyright 1969, so I doubt it's the
original one.

This was supposedly a showroom model. It appears to have the same
polishable aluminum that Airstreams have and does not have the gold
stripe down the side. The front couches are in nice shape and seem to
be the original upholstery. And it has those bright shiny turquoise
appliances in the kitchen. We were told that the oven hasn't been
used.

I'll try to take some pictures this weekend, when we get it moved in
and post it on my website. Want a record of what it looks like before
we move in. We spent 8 years full time in a '64 Airstream, so this
will be an interesting contrast. The plan is to build a garage for it,
large enough for our furniture and a wood stove so we can get around
the building codes. Then I might do a bit of work on the trailer.

We paid $3700 for this from a friend's parents, so I think we got a
fair deal. Feels good to have a trailer again.
--
Teri Pittman
teri.pittman@gmail.com