The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] exterior care of the SS

Chris
To be honest with you, I have just done lots of washing on my  trailer.  I
had purchased it from the hot Arizona climate and it was very  dull.  I have
used transmission fluid on the metal the first two years  to help get the metal
back in shape.  It is very pourous so I think it  helped.  I cleaned staned
areas with WD-40 which works really well.   You can also use brillo pad on the
aluminum propane tanks as well as any of  the aluminum trim such as the exterior
compartment framing and the  windows.  This makes it sparkle.  Be careful not
to use those brillo  on the finished anodized aluminum though.  I now wash it
and use Armor  all or similar brands to keep it looking fresh. Some have
disagreed with these  processes but my trailer sparkles.  Also, I did not have the
Gold  Anodizing problem that many 77's had so was lucky. I would not use the
chemical  wash on the finish that some discuss.  It has been known to
permanently  discolor the anodized aluminum to the point of needing a paint job.  I
have  seen that.

Thanks   James/Lakewood, CO  77 Silver Streak  Supreme Luxury Liner.