The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] 1973 One Owner SS Questions

The awning that i just had installed on my 1958 clipper was made by  Carefree
of Colorado.  it was the best fit BUT they had to cut four inches  of the top
end of the outside arm and then two inches off the bottom of the  inside arm
to get the best possible result with the "J" channel that came stock  with the
trailer.  I can tell you that it took several calls by the dealer  back to
Colorado and then over three hours of making cuts before they had  reached the
best possible arm placement.  The awning works great with an  outside clearance
of over six foot.  The materials clears the door cowling  so it will not rub.
 The voice of experience.....    jim