The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Re: Silver Streak Digest V1 #214

Carolyn

Try Galveston State Park if you are going for a few days or a few  weeks.  I
was not sure if you were looking for a permanent place or  not.  I take my
Silver Streak down there about once per year as I grew up  in Texas.  It is funny
for me to think back on the 70's now when I go  because you hardly see Silver
Trailers there anymore. In the old days, there  were a sea of Silver Streaks,
Airstreams etc. down there but most modern day  campers choose the beige
boxes with fireplaces.  I love to see the old  trailers because I automatically
know that th4 owners of those rigs really know  how to camp!  My SS is a 1977 33
footer. I just tiled the kitchen area  after sealing the plywood flooring
real well.  I ordered carpet for the  living room and bedroom/bath areas and will
install that next week.  I have  done this so many times through the years
that I just keep the measurements  handy now.  Tile is not good throughout
my trailer because I live in Colorado and we need some warmth on the floor
even in the summer in some of our mountain locations. If I were in Texas
fulltime, I would plank (hardwood) floor my trailer because that would be easy  to
maintain. We can conceivably use the furnace (occasionally) 12 months of  the
year here depending on where we go in the mountains. Mornings are  sometimes
in the upper 20s even around July 4th in the  altitude.