The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] asking for a personal opinion

Hi Joe
I am in Colorado very close.  I have had Airstream, Avion, Streamline  and
Silver Streak
and have lived in both the Avion and the Streamline.I now have a wonderful
Silver Streak
and my friends in Ft. Collins CO have an identical 33 foot trailer  both 1977
models.
I love the trailer but I will say that there are some things that I really
loved about the Streamline.  It is rivited a little better, had  insulation
that was like a blown in foam substance which formed a nice tight  seal between
the outside skin and the inside walls.   Standing inside the  trailer, the
ceiling is a little higher in the Streamline than the SS. The  only problem you
will encounter is finding any Streamline trailers past  1974 unless you are very
lucky.
Streamline is a very solid and light weight trailer as the Silver Streak.
The construction is very similar but Streamline used coated aluminum for all of
its interior walls for the cabinets and closets where Silver Streak used wood
 panels.