The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] 1956 Clipper

Hi,

My name is Jerry Page (no relation to David Page) and my wife and I have a
1956 Clipper which I have restored with a great many upgrades and
modifications.

While I am happy to answer questions about the trailer, I probably won't be
much help with questions about original parts for or repairs to appliances
or systems.  Our trailer was in such poor and degraded condition that I
ended up gutting it and replacing the floor (not just the flooring), belly
pan, axel, lower interior side walls and just about everything else.  While
it is not yet finished, we have taken it from Arizona to West Virginia and
back several times.  It tows like a dream without an equalizer hitch or
anything else exotic!

Recently we moved to New Mexico and work on our Clipper has stopped until we
get our lives together in our new home but we are always happy to share info
with other "streakers".

We can be reached at info@thefolklorecenter.com.  Unfortunately, we took few
pictures during the grittiest part of the job but we just want to let others
know that even if the floor is rotted out, the belly pan is toast and the
project seems overwhelming, there is hope!

Jerry
email:     info@thefolklorecenter.com