The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Re: rim/tire assistance needed

Hi Al, i really appreciate your feedback.  Here is where i'm currently  at:
five different tire shops in this area (San Diego) have all checked  the
trailer out.  all there efforts reveal no - i repeat no - trailer tire  for a 15
inch rim that has an outside diameter of 26 inches, which is the  maximum that
my wheel opening will take.  And every tire place cautioned me  against ever -
i repeat - ever using car tires (which i have witnessed several  restorers
using in order to solve my problem) for a trailer of this type.   So i guess my
best solution is to find a spare tire rim at 14.5 and carry one  full mounted
spare plus another unmounted tire so i don't get stranded somewhere  waiting
for a ship-in of a 14.5 tire. Again i appreciate your comments and  support and
home to return to favor sometime.  best regards, jim  -)