The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Propane line under trailer?

We are still deciding what elements to leave in the interior of our 32'
Continental and are debating the safety of leaving the original gas lines
in the SS.  The original gas stove/oven is still connected to the main
gas line, as is the electric/gas fridge.  But the gas heater under the
stove, and the hot water heater are no longer functional and the gas line
has been disconnected to the hot water heater.  The propane bottles at
the front of the trailer don't have much in them, but they've been shut
off at the bottle and the rubber hose disconnected from the trailer.

With half the fixtures disconnected from the gas lines, is it safe to hook
the stock propane tank up to the main gas line?

And, does anyone know whether the propane line between the stove and the main
gas line is rubber or metal?  How likely is it for the fittings/line to rot or
corrode?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this, Michelle