The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Message board posting

The following message was posted on the Silver Streak Message Board on my site
for anyone who is interested.

-Tom

 I just recently inherited 7 Vintage Silver Streak Trailers from Grandfather.
These trailers are in original (exceptional) shape and were part of my
Grandfather's private collection. My Grandfather married the daughter of Kenny
Neptune, Owner of Silver Streak, and became one of the Lead Design Engineers,
ultimately the head engineer for the company. During his time at Silver Streak
he collected seven trailers and has had them stored for more than 40 years.
According to my mother she was raised several miles away from the original
plant in El Monte, CA. My grandfather retired when the company moved to Chino,
CA.

I have decided to sell these trailers and found this sight through internet
searches and was hoping maybe I might find interested buyers here.

The trailers are in perfect condition, with all the original appliances and
materials in perfect working order. My Grandfather also has a large inventory
of surplus parts and manuals for trailers from 1949 through the 1980's.

Please let me know if anyone has any interest in the trailers or extra
materials.

Thanks
Benjamin Harper