The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Re: Perspiration

That sounds like what has happened to ours.  There is a piece of paneling I
took off in the kitchen because I thought we had a leak.  But I told hubby
it seemed the moisture was coming from the actual window glass itself.
Since I have not been in it much didn't know for sure.  The panel top layer
is pretty rotted so I'm going to take the adjoining piece off also and put
in maybe wainscoting. It's wood, hope it isn't too thick. The insulation
wasn't wet and hasn't been wet behind it.  I will seal the wainscoting on
both sides with some type of sealer, hope it looks ok.  Just took it out
from the middle seam on down. I'm glad to know this information, kind of
solves the mystery.  I think this trailer had not been used in some time
before we bought it and had just sat.  It's in pretty good shape overall.
It's an 83 model 3411. I will look for the drains in the windows.