The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Mounting a microwave

Just wondering.....
   I am wanting to install a small microwave shelf in my 72 SS Continental
Deluxe Rocket.  I got a metal strip at Home Depot that you can mount near the
top of a wall. You hang holed stringers from that strip. Shelving rails fit
into the holes of the stringers.  You can put the shelving material on those
rails. Now here is my question.  Does anyone know how far apart the aluminum
studs are in the walls of the SS trailers or a way to find them without
opening things up?  I want to minimize any possible damage to the trailer
because it's in such good shape.   I want to be sure I'm hooking into as
secure place in the trailer wall as I can with the top metal strip.  The
microwave is not very heavy but I want to make sure it's secure. This shelf
would only be used when the trailer is stationary by the way.  I don't plan
driving down the road with the microwave on the shelf.   Any ideas would be
appreciated. Thanks.
Chris