The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] welcome

Carl,
Thanks so much for that information.  It's going to save me a lot of time.

You know, I thought I had a 76, but I could be wrong, or maybe the 33ft I
indicated is not the right length.  The title shows the year model as 76,
and there's a tag on the left side, bottom front, showing it was made in
September 1976.  There's a decal on the right side that says "Supreme
Luxury Liner" if that means anything.  I've never measured it but maybe I
should.
Do you still think it might be a 77?  I would welcome any information you
might have.

I bought this several years ago from a gentleman who was leaving the
state.  My wife and I have never been much into camping, so I'm kind of
embarrassed to say that we've never actually used it.  I had to have it
because I was so taken with the trailer's distinctive looks and the obvious
quality of workmanship.  I told my wife, "if we ever decide to go camping
or trailering, this is what I want to be in."  We live in the country and I
have decided to recondition the SS, and use it as a guest house for our
children and others who visit us.  My goal is to take advantage of updated
technology but leave the original look and character of the SS in
place.  The inside is where I am looking to upgrade.  Some things I am
thinking about are:
Removing the 30 year old Magic Chef stove and replacing it a new one where
the oven is positioned below the burners and the pilot light is replaced by
electronic ignition.  In the place where the overhead oven is now, I would
like to put a appropriately sized stainless steel microwave.  I plan on
leaving the existing fan where it is.  I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a
plasma TV, which, because of their size, seem to be particularly well
suited for trailers and motor homes.  It could also be easily moved from
the front to the back of the trailer, which would be more convenient for
the user.   There's more, but I'm going to stop as I think I'm starting to
ramble.  I welcome and would appreciate any suggestions you, or anyone else
may have that might help me with this project.  Maybe someone else has
done, or is doing, something similar.  Thank you again for the tip on the
gold paint.  ...Frank Rose