The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] changing out the water tank

Alan, if there's any way you can salvage the stainless tank I would do so.
I've had both over time and too me the plastic tanks ALWAYS taste bad.  You
can use a pump with your tank.  You might try to flush and drain it a few
times to see if you can get rid of the rust.  my 77 has a stainless tank
under the bed.  Unless the previous owners changed out the stainless to a
plain steel tank yours should be stainless too.  Carl Rodgers