The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] Vintage Trailer Information

Hi James,

The CD's are completely full of JPG pictures that were scanned, page-by-page, from
vintage trailer magazines and such. For example, he has one CD that has 8 magazines.
They are full magazines from front cover to back that Juergen has collected over the
years. There are also some original brochures, and if you were to get his Silver Streak
file, for example, you'd end up with magazine ads that were scanned in, brochures from
various years, some photographs of various models, and so on. It's all organized nicely
on CD in various directories. I've got a sample of Juergen's work on my web site at:
http://www.thesl8s.com/silverstreak/ssads.htm

That's just a little of what was included on the CD he sent me.

The only thing I don't like is that the CD's are individual images and not set up in a
gallery format. In other words, you have to open each image individually, go back, open
the next one, etc. Windows XP helps with this, but it's still not as simple as flipping
pages in the magazine. However, it's still great information.

I talked to Juergen on Sunday, and he's actually looking for ways to increase his revenue.
In other words, what could he do that would make the CD's more appealing... I'm sure if
you have some thoughts, he'd love to hear them! He's an extremely nice guy - and very
willing to help out vintage trailer enthusiasts! For example, one couple from Oregon have
been working on a '55 Silver Streak that was only 17' long. He couldn't find anything on
the 17' trailer, so he researched for several hours (most likely) and finally found that
in '58, for a short time, Silver Streak did produce a 17' "Chico" model.

I broke down a couple days ago and ordered the entire set from him! It'll keep me off the
streets at night, anyway!

Steve